Raising Money or Capital for Your Business
The Missouri Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) provide comprehensive business counseling, including assistance in finding the right type of funding for your situation. The Missouri SBDC can help prepare you to seek either debt or equity financing to fund your business strategies. They can also help you develop strategies to fund growth without seeking external funding sources.
The Department of Economic Development offers the Research Toolbox which lists the assistance programs offered by the State of Missouri to businesses and communities.
The Missouri Department of Agriculture web site has a great deal of information aimed at supporting agri-business in Missouri, including Financial Assistance, Inspections Licenses and Permits, and Business Development.
- Agri-business Development
- Missouri Agriculture Small Business Development Authority
- Financial Assistance for Producers
The State Treasurer uses a portion of the state’s investable funds to help Missouri businesses, farms, and communities grow and prosper through the BIG MISSOURI Linked Deposit Program.
The Missouri Film Commission offers a Film Production Tax Credit to qualified film production companies.
At the Federal Government level,
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture offers numerous resources for financing and support. You may wish to contact your County Extension Center for more information.
- The Small Business Administration offers numerous loan programs to assist small businesses
- Grants.gov tells you how to find & apply for competitive Federal grant opportunities.
- GovLoans.gov is the gateway to information on loans granted by or guaranteed by the federal government.
- The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance offers assistance in numerous categories. Not all of this material pertains to businesses.
Everyone is concerned with protecting our environment. In business, you have two concerns; keeping the environment healthy and complying with the various environmental regulations.
In Missouri, the Department of Natural Resources has several useful offerings to help you with environmental concerns;
- Permit Assistant is a tool designed to help users determine what type of environmental permit they need and the forms to apply for these permits
- The Department's publication page helps you decide if you need to apply for a permit and how to do it.
- The Online Services (eServices) page provides a list of online services provided to customers of the Department of Natural Resources.
- The Small Business Assistance Program assists small businesses in their effort to comply with air regulations
- The Community Assistance Office helps provide the most effective and efficient resources to the public.
The U. S. Environmental Protection Agency provides a Small Business Gateway on their web site providing environmental information and contacts for small businesses.
Veterans in Business
If you're a veteran or member of the reserve components who is in business or considering starting your own business, you may wish to take advantage of the programs listed here.
Other resources may be available from commercial or volunteer organizations. Please use caution and do your research before committing to any program of this nature.